A leading professional consulting, training and development Group in Nigeria with core expertise in retail business development, management and growth. In addition, the Group also serve other industries and sectors from FMCG, banking, other financial institutions to other services and government.
The Group seeks to engage the services of:
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The ideal candidate reporting to the President, will hold a key role within the organization and manage all aspects of consulting, training and conference sales and business growth in Nigeria, Ghana and other West Africa countries.
The candidate MUST have proven experience in selling consulting, training, conferences, exhibitions and other business development and growth programs and writing proposals for the same. You will be the only BDM and as such will be fully responsible for results.
The successful candidate’s goals will be to produce a measurable increase in:
- sales revenue from our public and corporate in-house training, conferences and exhibitions
- number of clients with whom we are registered as training vendors
- number of training managers who are in our database
- number of delegates that attend our trainings
- number of in-company training programs
- Establishing, planning and executing on sales strategies for the organization in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Generating related leads, building sales pipelines and consistently work to meet or exceed sales revenue targets.
- Liaising with management to design marketing and sales campaigns, track performance, and report results periodically to management.
- Establishing strategic relationships with training partners and certifying bodies.
- Expanding our market reach by contacting and meeting with training managers to register us as training providers.
- Account development and management.- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with new and existing clients to enhance client retention and new sales through referrals and references.
- Building and expanding market position by analyzing the professional training market and suggesting new course or consulting offerings based on demand.
- Planning and managing seminars, workshops, conferences and exhibitions as well as customer recruitment and participation
- Co-ordinate the sales activities of the team in the company, in order to optimise company’s potentials and results.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree. A Post-graduate degree is a strong advantage.
- Successful candidate MUST have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in a corporate abd organised business setting. Experience in the professional training industry will be an added advantage.
- Multi-disciplinary skillset, having been exposed to operations across various functions in a structured work environment, ideally in West Africa
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Drive, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Trust Advisor, Customer Service and Experience
- Experience in executing a market entry strategies for a company in the West African region will be an added advantage
- Experience in the FMCG/Retail/Logistics industries is an added advantage
- Very strong analytical skillset and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to independently structure and solve challenging situation a high attention to detail
- Ability to work as a standalone and in an independent manner
- An execution-oriented mind-set
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
A business development professional has three primary responsibilities:
Identifying new sales leads – Generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
- Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
Pitching products and/or services – Actual selling, other typical duties include:
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers – To keep healthy relationships with clients, this mostly requires socialisation.
- Keep customers satisfied and happy.
Skills & Requirements
- Ideal candidate MUST possess a minimum of B.Sc/HND with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing in a corporate organization
- Experience in a consulting and training organisation will be an added advantage
- Excellent oratory presentation, and report writing skills.
- An active and vibrant individual with good communication skill, exceptional unique attributes and sales acumen.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing obligations
- Socially adept
- Good with numbers
- Able to provide quality leadership to a large team of sales people
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: ONLY APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE WORKING AS BDM/SALES/MARKETING FOR PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATIONS IN NIGERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN CONSULTING AND TRAINING ORGANISATIONS, AND KNOWLEDGE/ UNDERSTANDING OF GHANA AND OTHER WEST AFRICAN MARKETS WILL BE ADDED ADVANTAGES.