Jumia, is an online marketplace in Africa for electronics, and fashion among others. It has partnered with more than 50,000 local African companies and individuals and is a direct competitor to Kilimall in Kenya and Konga in Nigeria. Started in 2012 in Lagos, the company currently has a presence across 14 African countries.
- 2012: Africa internet Group (AIG) launches Jumia in Nigeria, Morocco, South Africa and Egypt.
- 2014: Jumia introduces Black Friday in Nigeria.
- Jumia launches Jumia Force an independent sales consultant program catering to populations that do not have access to internet.
- 2015: Jumia Black Friday attracts 2.3 million visitors in Nigeria
- Jumia introduces Jumia Pay a secure payment gateway for people to shop on all Jumia services.
- 2016: Africa Internet Group rebrands as Jumia
- Jumia becomes Africa’s first tech unicorn.
- Jumia supports the African tech Ecosystem by powering the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge. Pass.ng, MedRX and Vicoba are ranked the three best startups.
- 2017: Jumia celebrates its Fifth Anniversary milestone
- Jumia launches Nigeria’s first E-commerce Bot, the Jumia Bot, accessible on Facebook Messenger
- Jumia Nigeria organizes in partnership with Trace TV, a first of its kind global live event, the ultimate Music and Deals Festival MAD- Fest.
11 Commercial Avenue, Sabo Yaba (next to Ozone Cinema).
COMPANY PHONE NO:
018881100 , 07006000000